Special Events & Tradeshows
Vendors are responsible for:
- Completing and returning the Vendor Application Forms to Environmental Health, 14 days prior to the proposed Special Event or Trade Show (for events in the Calgary zone, fax to 403-943-8056).
- No additions/changes will be allowed 3 business days or less prior to the event.
In most circumstances the organizers will be collecting the completed form for submission to Alberta Health Services - Calgary Zone.
If you are a personal services vendor, i.e. face painting, massage, barbering, hairdressing, braiding, esthetics, (e.g. manicures, pedicures, waxing), tattooing and ear/body piercing; they must also complete the Vendor application and follow the Requirements for Personal Services at Special Events and Trade Shows .
Please note that if you do not have a commercial kitchen and are using an alternative kitchen, you must also complete and return the Permission to Use an Approved Food Establishment Form to Alberta Health Services.
- Vendor must ensure that the:
- Requirements for Special Events & Trade Shows are followed.
- Their food booth is set up and ready for inspection by a Public Health Inspector no less than one (1) hour before the special event is scheduled to start, in accordance with the Provincial Food Regulation.
- The disposal of any liquid or solid waste is in the locations designated by the event organizer.
- Only potable water is used (water that is safe for human consumption).
- If you are a food preparation vehicle or cart with a holding tank you must have satisfactory bacteriological test results from a Provincial Laboratory submitted within the last thirty (30) days.
- At least one food handler in charge must have successfully completed one safe food handling course provided by or satisfactory to AHS Environmental Health Food Handling Courses.
- notify the event organizer of any changes or additions to the original application no later than ten (10) days prior to the date of the event.